What are your plans for V day?? I always find the hype created around Valentine’s Day quite amusing. Since the expectations are extremely high and truly unrealistic since we tend to compare them to what we see in movies. To be quite honest, do we really need (or even want) another plush teddy bear?
Don’t get me wrong, I love buying heart shaped candy for everyone, looking for thoughtful gifts, celebrating love and friendship, and making the people closest to me feel special. However, the idea of having one day out of the year designated for this is so wrong. We should demonstrate our appreciation for one another on a daily basis. A simple hug can make a persons day go from average to super awesome! I know it may sound a bit cheesy. And probably if you haven’t expressed your love towards your parents, best friend, or even partner in a long time they might find it a bit weird that you’re doing it. They might ask you What’s wrong? Or may even say What do you need from me? lol But it’s something quite nice to do, give it a try. You’ll make the other person feel good and in turn you’ll feel warm and fuzzy yourself.
OK, so now moving on to the main purpose of this post, fun Valentine’s day activities to do with everyone, anyone, and possibly even the one <3
1. Bike riding. Invite everyone you know to the park or beach. Have them bring their bikes or rent some and go for a bike ride. You’ll get to appreciate the scenery and burn some calories at the same time. Its a win–win situation! Once you’re done maybe you’ll have some energy left over to do one more of the activities listed below.
2. Slumber party. Invite friends over to your house, cook together, make a few tasty drinks, play board games, add some great music, and just like that you have a party going on in your living room! You’ll get to eat, dance, laugh a lot, probably cry a little (hopefully happy tears), and make new memories together. Have everyone bring a festive pair of pajamas for someone else. After the sugar rush has worn off everyone can snuggle in their new set of pajamas and slowly go to sleep.
3. Watch a new movie. Don’t want to stay home? Fine. Go out and watch a movie that everyone will enjoy. Personally I like comedies and suspense films. Since these give you something to talk about after the movie is over. But, I do hear 50 Shades of Grey is coming to theaters this weekend. Sooo go watch that! I’m quite sure this racy flick will give you lots to talk about 🙂
4. Hiking. This can be an intimidating activity if you haven’t exercised in a while. But what I like about going on a hike (or a long walk) is that any one can join you. Get your mom, dad, and furry friend out of the house and into a world full of trees, flowers, and fresh air. Even if you live in the city, I’m sure you can find a park nearby to walk a few laps around. During this time try your best to keep your cell phone in your pocket and just enjoy each others company. You’ll find yourselves reminiscing on good old times and probably even finding out a few things about each other that you would’ve never known had it not been for this great outdoors activity.
5. Picnic. You didn’t make a dinner reservation 90 days in advance? No problem! Place a ‘TO GO’ order from your favorite restaurant and pick it up on your way to the park, beach or even your backyard. Choose a time when the weather will be at its best. If you’re planning on eating by the park or beach I would say to get there around 4:15PM. That way you have enough time to set up and enjoy your food, by the time you’re done eating the sun will begin to set. Break out a cozy blanket, snuggle with your love, and watch the sunset together. If you’re having your picnic in your backyard then decorate your patio with fairy lights, candles, and fresh flowers. Convert your simple backyard into a romantic getaway.
My hope is that you have a fun, safe, and lovely Valentine’s day with the people you love the most.
As for me, my bf and I are going to one of our favorite cafe’s. The atmosphere is very laid back and slightly charming, nothing over the top. We like to dress up, so I already have a few things in mind. Maybe a pencil skirt and a frilly top, we’ll see… I’m just really looking forward to sipping sangria all night long, eating until our bellies are full, and having a great conversation.