Did the holidays come faster this year or what?
It feels like just yesterday I was welcoming 2015 and suddenly now I’m getting ready for Christmas Eve (which is tomorrow btw!). The holidays can seriously be super stressful, but you know what, they don’t have to be. Surviving the holidays is actually pretty easy. You just have to think of a couple of key pieces that keep you feeling good, looking good and comfortable. Today I’m outlining my 5 must have items to survive the holidays in style. Here we go:
1. Sequins – Sure sequins can be used all year round, but this is the time of year we can wear them all day, everyday. They are just so festive, pretty, and glam. Find yourself a black sequin jacket for a chic look, a gold sequin dress for an eye catching outfit, or opt for a mini skirt in an icy combination of colors–silver, gold and black–like I did. The mix of stripes and geo patterns are so trendy. This skirt is ideal for the holiday season.
2. Comfortable heels – Heels and comfortable are usually never found in the exact same sentence. Even though this may sound like an unrealistic dream, it actually can become a reality. I wear heels nearly everyday, and trust me I don’t enjoy it everyday. Some pairs hurt really bad. However, there are a couple of shoes that are my favorite since they’re so comfy. This is so important specially for New Year’s Eve, as you’re going to be on your feet the whole night. My personal favorite shoe is a pointy stiletto. My best advice is to find a pair that fits perfectly (not too big or too tight), look good with skirts and pants, and are of a height that you can stand on for atleast 3 hours. If you don’t wear heels everyday and struggle with stilettos then try finding a pair with a platform, or a chunky heel. A wedge shoe is a great idea. That’s how I personally learned to first walk in heels when I was 15.
3. Control tights – Holiday season is synonymous with good eating. I’m like an endless pit during this time of year. So what’s my secret to keeping me from looking pudgy and bloated? Hanes firm control power shapers. Now this is truly a holiday survival item. Trust me. I eat everything and anything that is put in front of me, yet I want my tummy to look flat even if I’ve eaten three plates of food (go figure right? lol) That’s where Hanes comes to the rescue. What’s best is that these tights keep my legs looking beautiful and sheer. It’s a total twofer–2 for 1 deal. Thank you Hanes!
4. Fuzzy sweater/Shaggy jacket – If you don’t have a fuzzy sweater or a shaggy jacket in your closet then I don’t know where you’ve been for the last 16 months. This trend has been around since fall of 2014. This isn’t even a new trend by the way, just ask your mom, it was around back in the early ’90s and it’s making a strong come back. 🙂 I love it! I feel a shaggy jacket is a must right now. Not only does it make any outfit extra luxe, but it also keeps you extra warm and cozy.
5. Hairspray – I had to include my most important beauty product on this list. My Tresemme tres two extra hold hairspray keeps my hair looking fabulous from beginning to end. I have really long hair that tends to get frizzy as soon as humidity comes into play. For that reason I always tend to put my hair up during the holidays. Doing this really works for me since it keeps me looking put together. However, my hairstyle doesn’t have to be boring. Instead I opt for a sleek ponytail, free of fly aways and bumps. I like to curl the tips and tease the top with a wide tooth comb. I always finish my hairstyle with a couple of Tresemme sprays along the sides and top of my head.
As for my outfit. I actually wore this look to a holiday party. I liked that it was slightly edgy due to the sequin mini skirt. Yet, I wanted to keep my look conservative since I was attending a blogger party. That’s why I wore a buttoned up blouse. I also added a pair of sheer tights, a black ribbon bow tie, and a shaggy sherpa. As always I had to wear a pair of black patent heels to tie in the whole outfit together. Since my look was pretty busy already I figured a sleek hairstyle would be the best option. This allowed the focus to be on my clothes rather than on my hair.
*Disclosure: Thank you to Hanes for kindly sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% honest & completely my own.*
: OUTFIT DETAILS :
Shirt: similar here
Tights: Hanes Power Shapers
Heels: Charles David
: SHOP THE LOOK :
By the way, make sure to link your Instagram account with LiketoKnow.it . That way you can get my outfit details directly in to your email inbox (before they sell out!) on the exact day I’m wearing them. That way you won’t have to wait a week for me to post them on the blog. Watch the intro video here, its super easy!